Thursday, May 27, 2010
Places or People?
After my run tonight I went and sat on a rock on the beach. I call it my running rock because it is the same one i always sit on. Anyways, I was thinking about the places I love. In this case, Alaska. As I was looking around me at the beautiful scenery it struck me - I've always felt at home in Alaska and yet I don't feel at home here at all. I have to be honest. I've been having a hard time. Everyone I work with lives in Seward or has worked for the Park Service in Seward before. In addition, I live in an apartment with one other girl and she is always gone with her boyfriend. I have made a few friends but for the most part I don't feel like I fit in here or with the Park Service and all its politics at all. But getting back to what I was saying about places. Tonight, I realized it isn't about the place at all but the people. I miss the people, the places, and the little details of Ketchikan. Ketchikan was my Alaska. I am trying my hardest however, to make Seward a part of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rach. Home is all about the people true, but remember that you carry home in your heart as well. You are part of my heart home and whenever you feel lonely I hope you remember that.
ReplyDelete